Grilled Salmon Steaks with Citrusy Jalapeño Salsa
Ingredients for the salmon steaks :
- 4 six ounce salmon steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
Ingredients for the jalapeño salsa :
- 1 jalapeno chile (chopped)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 lemon peeled & sliced
- 1/4 small red onion (chop into fine pieces)
- Salt & fresh ground pepper
- Take all the salsa ingredients, combine into a bowl and set to the side.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. You will want to season the salmon steaks with salt & pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Sear them on the griddle. Cook both sides until cooked through, but slightly transparent in the center (roughly 5-7 minutes).
- Serve the salmon steaks with a generous amount of the jalapeño salsa spread on top. Bon Appetit!
Here is a healthy vegan Christmas dinner option for those of you that don’t eat meat or dairy… or just feel like trying something new!
Warm lentil & Kale Vegan Winter Salad
- 1 cup green lentils (cooked)
- 1 cup bulgur
- One small red cabbage head (slice thinly)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups kale (thinly sliced)
- 1 large carrots (thin slices)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Salt & fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook bulgur according to the package directions. Once that’s finished, stir in the cooked lentils and season w/ salt & pepper.
- Toss the cabbage with soy sauce, mustard, vinegar, salt & pepper. Transfer to your prepared baking sheet. Roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Add sliced kale into a large salad bowl. Top with lemon juice and salt. Massage kale with your hands til it is coated. Add in the carrots, onion, and parsley into the kale bowl. Then toss!
- Transfer bulgar / lentils and cabbage into the bowl. Mix well.
- Use pomegranate seeds for topping. Enjoy!
I hope that these healthy recipes for Christmas 2021 inspired you to cook this year, and stay on track with your goals!
Good resolutions are surely on the agenda every year. I often tell my future clients that the thing to focus on in order to achieve the results we have set for ourselves, is to focus on the changes we can make in our daily lives. The results come later on their own.
My colleagues and I are here to help you define the changes and especially to accompany you in your approach. The only goal is to achieve your goals. Victory is sometimes long but it is always beautiful.
La Jolla Personal Training
We are located in La Jolla, California. Owner and trainer Fabien Uteau is highly experienced and will get you on track to reaching your goals! Are you ready to star off the new year in good health and fitness?! Contact us and we can get you booked for some private personal training sessions! If you are not a fan of the indoor gyms, we absolutely love training outdoors. We customize sessions that cater to your needs, capabilities and comfort levels.
Here are some grocery stores where you can find healthy ingredients for cooking your Christmas dinner!
Whole Foods La Jolla- This market is known for being a “healthier” place go shop. They sell many products that contain healthier ingredients- free from hydrogenated fats and artificial colors, flavors & preservatives. Whole Foods is a USDA certified grocer.
La Jolla Open Air Farmers Market- Who doesn’t love a good farmer’s market? There are many reasons why farmer’s markets are great for shopping. When you purchase items from a farmer’s market, you are supporting local farmers. Many vendors offer organic, non-gmo produce as well. On top of that, it’s much more sustainable compared to shopping at the grocery store. Everything is out in the open, rather than using single use plastics to wrap the produce or items. Don’t forget your reusable bag or basket for your items! This is also a great spot to find some last minute holiday gifts!
Pressed is a juicery located in La Jolla California. They serve plant based, cold pressed juice. The juices contain necessary nutrients that will help keep you nourished throughout the day. Good nutrition is incredibly important, so waking up and considering the first thing that you put into your body, will shape the day, and the rest of your life!