The wonderful holiday season is amongst us. It’s a time that represents family, friends, fun, and tasty food and drinks! The holidays can be viewed as a stressful time for some. People see this time of year as a good opportunity to start losing weight or avoid unwanted weight gain. We would like to share some tips on staying healthy during the holidays so that you can reach your goals. We also have a wonderful personal training package that can be incredibly useful to keep you on track. Keep reading to learn more!
4 Reasons Why Diets Do NOT Work
- Losing weight in only a few weeks is completely unrealistic. In 3 weeks, you will not be able to lost weight that you gained over a span of 10 years. Time and effort will need to be put in consistently in order to see results. Keep in mind that it is never too late to start!
- Don’t restrict your eating! Eating less is not healthy for you. When your body is hungry and food is the only thing on your mind, you are exposing your self to mineral and vitamin deficiencies. This can put your health at major risk. Instead, seek the help of a professional (we can help!) in order to be educated properly on how to transform your body.
- If your diet is not personalized, it won’t work. Every Body is different. The nutritional needs differ from person to person. There are many “fad” diets out there, however it doesn’t mean that is the correct diet for you. Everyone has nutritional needs, food taste preferences, and states of health that are unique to us. Our diet needs to meet this criteria.
- If you aren’t consulting with a dietician or nutritionist, you may be doing it incorrectly. Eating balanced and healthy is a long road so it is best done with professional expertise.
Once you understand your diet, and learn how to cook your meals while meeting your nutritional needs, you will be on track to success. Because this is a long term goal, you need to be able to be patient and maintain a balanced diet over time. Please feel free to contact us for any questions, or schedule a Free Assessment today!
Holidays and your health
You may be overwhelmed with the amount of sweets and treats being brought into the office or holiday parties. Sometimes the holidays can bring a bit of stress onto ones shoulders. Everyone handles stress differently. It is important to maintain your healthy diet through this time-but it also doesn’t hurt to indulge a little bit. Remember, everything in moderation! You don’t want to deprive yourself completely, but you also don’t want to put a damper on all the progress and hard work that you have been putting in. Continuing your everyday exercise routine, consistently seeing your Personal Trainer, and staying on top of a healthy diet are a recipe for success this holiday season. Drinking too much alcohol is not good for your body and can also result in poor decision making when it comes to food. Consider opting out for a sparkling water or limiting yourself to one drink on occasion.
La Jolla Personal Training Package
Personal Trainer Fabien Uteau has an extensive amount of experience working with a variety of people ranging from athletes to home makers. He has developed a unique method that helps you reach your goals. He adapts to each clients individual needs. Fabien offers a service for clients who need help with their diet through our package option.
This virtual training consists of the following :
- An online workout program
- We follow your progress through the use of Myfitnesspal.
Contact us for more details!
Health Conscious Restaurants in La Jolla, California
Lean and Green Cafe – La Jolla, California
Lean and Green Cafe is a health conscious restaurant located in La Jolla, California. If you are looking for something quick and healthy to grab on the go, this is a great option! Everything on their menu is 100% organic, natural, and unprocessed. This cafe is friendly to all diets and allergies.
Life Time Fitness Cafe
You can rely on Life Cafe to provide you with real, wholesome and healthy food. Their executive chef works closely with trainers and dietitians to create meals with the perfect nutrients for your body.
Trilogy is an organic, vegan and gluten free restaurant. They offer outdoor dining, takeout and delivery. They offer detox programs, cold-pressed juice, superfood smoothies, catering, and delicious dishes. Trilogy also has tasty treats and desserts that are healthy and nourish the body from the inside out! We highly recommend checking out their adorable rooftop dining area.
We hope that these tips for staying healthy during the holidays were helpful. With the correct information and guidance, you can achieve your goals and be in optimal health! If you are looking for some outdoor workout ideas and locations, check out our last blog here. Happy Holidays!