Factors that cause you to regain weight
- Unrealistic Diet and Exercise Programs
- The Energy Gap: when you lose weight, your body needs fewer calories to maintain itself. However, your body prompts you to keep eating those calories to fill this “energy gap.”
- A Sedentary Lifestyle. If you have a desk job, and sitting all day this can lead to weight gain. Try getting out, staying active and exercising more.
- Not Enough Exercise
Our recommendations for staying fit and keeping the unwanted weight off
If you are looking to lose weight, doing 224 to 420 minutes per week of moderately vigorous exercise will help with this. If you are already at your goal weight and just looking to prevent weight gain, then doing 150 to 250 minutes per week of moderately vigorous exercise will help with this.
How does this work?
Epinephrine, also known as adrenaline, travels through your blood to the fat tissues, signaling them to break down fats and release them into your blood. Of course, releasing fatty acids into your blood does not help you lose fat unless you are burning more calories than you consume through your diet.
How to get an adrenaline dose through your workout?
When you are fighting for air, you are producing more adrenaline. The more out of breath you are, the more adrenaline you are producing. The best way to be out of breath repeatedly is to train with Interval Training.
What is interval training and how to do it
Interval training involves alternating short bursts of intense exercise (30 seconds to 1 min long). For example, if you are going for a run, incorporating 30 second sprints into your run will actually help you burn more calories than just your normal run. There are 4 variables you can manipulate when designing your interval training program.
- Duration (distance or time) of work interval
- Duration of rest or recovery interval
- Intensity (speed) of work interval
- Number of repetitions of each interval
Places in La Jolla to practice interval training
- Ellen Browning Scripps Park
- Kellogg Park
- La Jolla Hermosa Park
- La Jolla Shores all the way to Torrey Pines State Reserve is a great place for running in the sand! This is a great exercise and will get your heart pumping.
How does signing up for La Jolla Personal Training change your goals?
Fabien and his clients make a pact to ensure that they are successful in achieving their goals.
His friends often ask why hiring a Personal Trainer will ensure them more results than getting a membership at the club around the corner. The answer is simple. For more than 20 years now, Fabien has been able to step back and say that he does not bring any miracle methods after having trained hundreds of people-with a few successes among them to be honest. What a Personal Trainer brings to you first and foremost is that the key to many successes is CHANGE. Change gives you 100% results!Money shouldn’t be the main thing stopping you from working with a personal trainer. If you invest money in your house, you can definitely place investing in your body and mind as a top priority! Ask yourself the right questions, and I guarantee that there are wonderful passionate professionals ready to help you. We hope that this article on regaining weight after reaching your goals was helpful. Looking forward to working with you.